Strategic Operations Solutions
Excerpt of Career Accomplishments
- General Electric – turned around $10M key technology transfer project, and recovered five-month delivery deficit (1990); implemented >$7.7M in cost improvement projects.
- Fusion UV Systems – facilitated a 15.7% average annual growth rate in business from $17M (1990) to $84M (2001); implemented >$7.1M cost improvement projects.
- Brüel & Kjær Vibro – saved 200 jobs and ensured company’s viability by developing alternate innovative world class multi-tier supply chain within 6 months (2004).
- Janos Technology – facilitated a business turnaround by improving EBITDA 57.5% (2nd H 2007) and 24.7% (1st H 2008), leading to a planned successful liquidity event >$130M.
Dwighd is a master operations troubleshooter with a playbook that includes strategy, best practices, and right people, honed in his early career with General Electric.
His troubleshooting skills expanded even further through the disciplines of operational excellence, customer intimacy, and product leadership, enhanced while at Fusion/Spectris.
Dwighd has leveraged operational excellence to achieve sustainable growth, from top line to bottom line performance, from the supply chain to the customer, for many significant domestic and international successes.
SOS® Client Demographics
North America (strategic planning, project planning, operations turnaround, business plan, quality and technical assessments, manufacturing engineering, yield efficiency improvement, technical problem solving, DISC® assessments, training)
Europe (technical assessments, account management, technical problem solving, trouble shooting, technical training)
Asia (operations assessment, technology transfer assessment, quality assessment, supply chain, quality and process control, maintenance, packaging, training)
Proven record of accomplishments in operations management, technology transfer, and new product introductions in 8 separate businesses (revenues: $5M to $1B), domestically and internationally, in leading edge technologies.
Prepared operations of private corporations for profitable growth, most recently for a liquidity event and subsequent acquisition by a Fortune 250 company, and in another instance, for an initial public offering and subsequent acquisition by a UK holding company.
Managed new product, capacity, and cost productivity programs (project capex: $100K to $15M; cost improvements >$7M at each of 2 public corporations), resulting in successful technology transfer from engineering to manufacturing. Experienced in developing and implementing turnkey plans from product conception through production to ensure premium quality at lowest possible cost.
Managed manufacturing operations with varying levels of automation and multiple production lines (reports: 5 to 320; budgets to $40M) serving numerous market segments. Experienced in both union and non-union environments, while meeting and exceeding quality, cost productivity, and customer service objectives.
Led due diligence team in prospective USA business acquisition, and mentored transition teams to accomplish technology transfer. Evaluated numerous other businesses (potential suppliers and competitors, with both domestic and international operations) as prospective acquisition candidates. Experienced in developing competitive domestic and international supply chains.
Excellent interpersonal skills to coordinate activities of manufacturing, engineering, marketing, financial, quality and customer service functions. Utilized a high degree of organizational development and analytical skills, resulting in a demonstrated record of technology implementation.
Career Positions Held
Consultant/Interim Vice President of Operations/Project Manager
Vice President: Strategic Sourcing/Operations/Manufacturing
Director of Manufacturing/Fabrication
Technical Leader/Resident Engineering Manager/Senior Project Manager
Manager – New Processes and Equipment
Operations Manager/Manager – Special Projects
Manager – Shop Operations/Production Engineer/Specialist – Materials and Production Control
United States of America
• Business Startup / Turnaround
• Technology Transfer / Implementation
• Project / Supply Chain Management
• New Product Introduction / Launch
• Cost Control / Lean Manufacturing
Master’s in Engineering Management
George Washington University
Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
• focus on long term self-sustaining results, balanced with short term needs
• emphasis on cost productivity, balanced with quality
• organizational development, with a customer service theme
• analytical, performance metric driven
• overseas multi-cultural experience (EU, CH, JP, MX)
A Certified Quality Engineer, I am bilingual and multi-cultural, fluent in both English and Spanish.
I relate to people easily, winning confidence and building strong, sustainable teams.